Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Birthday card for Frank

Here's the card I made for Frank's birthday.  I used the Graphic 45, A proper  Gentleman, paper line and the Argyle cuttle bug embossing folder on a piece of thin chipboard and did a technique from Tim Holtz''z new book using paints for the silver and Burgundy piece in the foreground. I used Black magic glimmer mist on a large prima flower and the next to largest flower is a die cut using the cricut out of thin chipboard and then layered with patterned paper, and I finished off the layered flower with some small primas.   I used a fishing swivel for the dangled charm with a fish charm added to the end.  The center piece of the flower is a metal button and the sentiment is a k.i. memories stamp..  i hope you enjoyed this card. Let me know if you have any questions about techniques or if you have something you would like to see.  Thanks for stopping by. Hugs.

1 comment: