Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Another Birthday card for August!!

Wow!! I sure have a lot of friends and family members with birthdays in August!!!  This one was made just for the coolest teen I know, Cassidy.  Cass, as we call her, or Kazz when she's extra spunky, she is my Best friend, Wendy's daughter.  I love Cassidy dearly, as I do all of the kids, but her being 15 years old this year makes her the most independent and the one that comes to stay the night with me.  When she comes over to stay the night we do a little scrappin' and she does a lot of tv watchin'.  She also helps me out with anything I've ever asked her to do.  She's old enough to understand a good bit about my disability and knows that even tho I might not "look" like there's anything wrong with me, that it doesn't mean there's not pain and stuff going on with me.  She's a good girl and I love having her come and spend time with me.  She's crazy smart and can figure things out really fast.  She's learned a lot about scrap booking from just the few things that she and I have worked on together.  I have a lot I would like to teach her yet and luckily she hasn't lost interest in it yet;)  She still likes it and thinks it's pretty fun to do.  I love to share my knowledge with her and at the rate that she's learning it, she will be much better at it than me one day soon:)  We especially like to make cards and mini's right now.  Maybe we can work on an 12x12 album when she goes to prom or something.  I'll let her decide..  She's smart and knows what she likes.:)

To make this card I used  the DCWV, punk, stack for the paper.  The file card was cut with the cricut wth the Graphically speaking cartridge.  For the back ground of the sentiment piece I used tumbled glass, victorian velvet, and shabby shutter distress inks by Tim Holtz.  They seamed to most closely match the background paper.  I used a Happy Birthday stamp by Rubber stampede by Delta.  I also used a mini marks rub on by American Crafts for the You Rock.  The black flower is by bazzill basics and the little pink flower is a cricut cut from the sweet treats cartridge, the bling brad in the center is by Heidi Swap.  I think that about covers it.  Hope you enjoy!!! hugs. amy k

No comments:

Post a Comment