Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A birthday card for Mel

I wanted this card to be simple elegance.  I made it for my wonderful sis in law, Melissa,  AKA Mel.  She's a sweet heart and we have all loved her dearly from day one. She and Brother were married last June and we all just couldn't have been happier; that was until Christmas and they announced that they were having a baby and wanted Brian and I to be God parents.  Oh, how happy we were then lol.  I'm just trying to say how much I love this girl.  She's awesome and funny and easy going.  Maybe I love her so much be cause she's so much like me, lol, or maybe its because I know she's good to and good for my Brother.  I think that she makes him happy and nothing could make me happier.  Mel is a feminine girl with out being a girlie girl.  She doesn't care much for too much frill or things that are just over the top.  She's always just going to be a tomboy at heart. lol.  So in making a birthday card for her I tired to tie the card into the idea of what I think that her personality is.  I wanted to create a card that would suit her to a tee.  I hope this card is it.  It suits her perfectly in my eye, but like I said "its an idea of her personality" that I am imagining.  In this card I see a lot of feminine with out all the frill.  Hope she likes it.   The construction of the card was simple.  I just took a 6x6 piece of Life's portrait paper from Webster's pages paper line and cut it to 6x5.  Then I used the Lacy labels Lite cartridge for the cricut and cut out the label.  You can't tell it really but it is in three layers.  I just used plain old Ga. pacific white and black paper for the cuts.  I then took my Tim Holtz distress ink in Old Paper and used it to change the color of the white to more match the Webster's pages.   I layered all the pieces together and used a stamp from Hot off the Press for the sentiment and some dark brown chalk ink from Color box.  Then I added a few of the tiny Prima flowers and a little bling to the centers and used some pop dots to attach it to the front.  Simple, elegance; or at least I hope. :) Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment