Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Vintage Birthday card for Dad, AKA- Pops

This is the card I came up with for my Dad's birthday this year.  I love the way it turned out.  I know that some people have a plan when they start out to create something like a card or a layout, but not me.  I usually start a project with a product that I want to use and I just build on it.  I have no idea what the finished product will look like when I begin so when it's finished its as much of a surprise to me how it looks as it is to anyone. lol. I am really happy with this card.  I just love the way it looks.  I started out with a card shape from the Sentimental cricut cartridge.  I cut it out then I used one of the vintage bags that my friend, Robin sent to me for the background layer.  I just put it into the cricut as well and cut the card shape out again and then cut it in two.  I put the front layer on the card base then I used some heavy fabric for the next layer.  I frayed the edges by pulling the strings till it looked the way I liked. The sentiment is a Close to my heart stamp and heat embossed with gold embossing powder, the shape is a cricut cut from the Home Accents cart.  I used some ribbon and some lace from my stash and the clock face and spinner is from Tim Holtz.  Finally, I used the little flowers that I've been making,  Two mini rosettes in black and the red one that has been glimmer misted in candy apple red and the leaves are a Martha Stewart punch.  That's all for the card. 
This is the envelope front for that card.  I use a lot of the Tim Holtz stamps from the Life's Possibilities set from Stampers Anonymous.  I used chalk ink from Clear snap in dark brown and and warm red and the ruler is a photocopy of a vintage paper ruler I had.  I also used distress inks in various colors for the background.  That's about it I think,  I sure hope you enjoy this card.  I am just venturing into the world of shabby chic design and I am really loving it.  I made clean and cute cards for so long that sometimes its a challenge to just be messy and go with the flow but I am really loving the results.  I hope it inspires you too.  Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card.=> Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this soft feel to the envelope Amy. Love it love it. What work you do always amazes me. You have gotten a lot of work done.

    ReplyDelete