Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Saturday, May 26, 2012

Thank you card for my Bestie, Wendy

 I made this Thank You card for my good friend, Wendy.  She's stays very busy looking after a family of four children at times and a hubby to be all the time.  Like any mother, wife she runs the house and oversees everything,  You and I know how tiresome that can be.  I know It exhausts me some days and I don't even have children. lol.  Well Wendy was one of the people who came and stayed with me at the hospital while I was having my surgery.  Her, my Mom, and Brian.  They just took shifts so that I never had to be alone for long. I want to thank Wendy especially because at the time I had my surgery her mom was also recovering from a surgery and Wendy found time to balance us both. She's a great friend and I love her dearly.
     So for this card I used design paper from CTMH, the "Roxie" collection.  The card stock in cream and black are from Wal Mart.  I make all my card bases out of their card stock. The die cuts were as follows: the round plaid die cut and the label are from Spellbinders and the leaf flourish was from Cheery Lynn Designs, its called "Fanciful Flourish" and is one of their number one best sellers right now.  If you haven't yet  tried out CLD's dies then you should run over there and grab you up some because these dies are awesome and made here in the USA. I also used pink dew drops from Recollections and the sentiment stamp is from Studio G. I stamped it with ink from Powder Puff chalk inks in "Amaretto".
For the inside I used the flower stamp that was from the Studio G sentiment set. I stamped it with the powder puff chalk inks in "mocha mama".  I colored the flower in with my Copic Markers. I used R20, R22, YG06, and YG03.  The sentiment on the inside is from Hero arts. A set called "Thank you for being my friend". I stamped it also with the powder puff chalk inks in "Maraschino Cherry". The bling is by Recollections.

Well, that's all I've got for today see  you back here tomorrow with a get well card.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment