Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Congratulations card for Graduation

My sweet and super smart Sis in Law just graduated from Jacksonville State College in Al. this past month in December so I made her this card to let her know how proud of her we are.  I used a 6x6 paper pad from Authentique called the Essentials Collection.  This was my first time working with Authetique paper and I must say that I'm very impressed with it.  It's nice, double sided, heavy weight card stock.  Very nice to work with and it's so pretty!  The bird stamp is a Clings stamp from Hero Arts and I stamped it with Deep Lagoon Chalk ink from Clearsnap.  I fussy cut the flowers from the designer paper and adhered them after inking the edges with Gathered Twigs distress ink from Tim Holtz.  The sentiment stamp is also from Hero Arts, a clear stamp set. I also want to say that the clear stamps from Hero Arts are of the best quality.  I love working with them and never have any issues with the ink not wanting to stick to them in an even and smooth layer.  Love them!  I just cut the sentiment into a banner shape with just my scissors and used a bling piece from the Paper Studio.  That brand comes from Hobby Lobby.  I just finished it off with a bow out of satin ribbon.  That's all I have for you today, Wow, two post in one day! Look at me Go lol. Have a wonderful evening and I will see you back here in the morning.  I have a ton of Christmas cards that I want to share all be it late. Hope you guys wont mind.:)  Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to  leave a comment,.  I love hearing from you, let me know if you have any request or some thing you would like to see or a technique you would like me to demonstrate for you.  I can also do your request in the form of You Tube videos.... So just let me know anything you would like help with and I will see what I can do for you.  ttyl, hugs,amy k

1 comment:

  1. I have this stamp too...love it. Love how you used this stamp.
    Hugs
    Robin

    ReplyDelete