Welcome to Cards by Amy K.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by to check out my blog!!! Here I will be posting my current projects for you to see. PLEASE feel free to leave me a comment. I would LOVE to hear what you think about what I'm working on. I have been a scrapbooker/paper crafter since I first caught wind of this wonderful hobby in 2006. I am lucky enough to get to spend my days doing something I love so much and which brings so much joy into my life. I first started scrapbooking as a way to pass the time as I found myself at home alone all day suddenly, now I can't imagine life without it. Too bad I don't get paid for it, then I really would have it all!!!







Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Birthday card for a very special young man


I made this card last month for my Nephew who just turned 9 this year.  His name is Dylan and he's quite a cool little dude.  I thought a card with the Robots cartridge for the cricut would be suiting for him.  I just loved this little robot character for the front of this card.  To be honest, I must admit that I've had the Robots cartridge for quite a while and this was my first time breaking it out to use on a project. teehee. I do that sometimes.  I find a product on sale or at a good deal and I already have projects in mind for that product so I go ahead and buy it because I already know that I'm going to use it even tho it might not be right away.  I bought that cartridge with Dylan in particular in mind. It will also be good to use for my cousin's baby boy when he gets a little older.

To make this card I broke into the hoard vault and broke out my metallic/ mirror card stock. I used a piece of green metallic for the card base and then the designer paper comes from Basic Grey, it's an older line but I still use it alot for little boys especially.  It's called Lime Rickey. I also used a piece of green designer paper for the robot and some silver metallic card for his hands and feet. I added some gears to the card front and the sentiment shape is an ek success punch. I used a rub on for the "Make a Wish", from American Traditional Designs.  I distressed the edges of it with one of the red distress inks from Ranger.  I used the letter stickers that comes with the designer paper pack to spell out Dylan's name.

 This is the inside of the card. I used another sheet of that metallic/ mirror card stock, this time in light blue.  I used a Martha Stewart boarder punch to punch out each side.  I cut the label shape in the middle with the cricut, not sure which cartridge tho.  Most likely the Artiste cartridge. I colored it that red with the distress inks and stamped the "Happy Birthday" with versa mark ink and heat embossed with a metallic blue embossing powder. Added a gear cluster and that was that. I decided to go ahead and show you the inside even tho I had already signed it. Hope you all don't mind. lol

That's all I've got for now, I'll be back shortly with another anniversary card. Thanks for stopping by, Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment